[opendtv] Re: News: Rush on DTV-Converter-Box Coupons

  • From: Barry Brown <barrysb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:25:42 -0500

It amazes me that there are areas having so many reception problems with ATSC and at the same time I'm using an antenna in my attic with the transmitters 35 miles away and now have very few problems with reception on all local DT channels. Perhaps your friend is too close to the transmitters and needs to reduce the signal level to his set.

On Jan 3, 2008, at 11:27 PM, Cliff Benham wrote:

Stephen W. Long wrote:
My Accurian does not work at my house, 8VSB does not work at my house - can't watch a ball game without glitches right at the biggest plays. I
don't even bother any more - I have DirecTV with HDTV.
I ordered my coupon - just one, so I can experience what the public has to
experience with trying to buy and make the things work.
ATSC is still crap, has always been crap, will always remain crap.

I gave away my Accurian to a friend who lives within 9 miles of the Philly Transmitters. Even with a rooftop antenna he can only get "bits" of frozen video and bursts of sound with it.