[opendtv] Re: News: Rush on DTV-Converter-Box Coupons

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 20:49:34 -0500

Tom Barry wrote:

> Hey, I've never actually used it much but still think my $89
> Accurian was a really good deal. I'll bet I could still sell
> it for that much.

Aha, see? You pack rat! ;)

Instead, what attracted me much more than the extra low price, still low
now for an HDTV STB, was that the frenzy created made people divulge
that these were also very good performers. Who knew?

I would have been perfectly happy to have gone off to the Digital Stream
HD3150 Plus instead, at $229, had I known then that they were exactly
the same. At the time, I was looking for something even slightly
resembling state of the art, in a stand-alone STB.

I use both of these STBs regularly still. Until I buy my new 42" LCD ...