[opendtv] Re: News: Rush on DTV-Converter-Box Coupons

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 18:45:49 -0500

Hey, I've never actually used it much but still think my $89 Accurian was a really good deal. I'll bet I could still sell it for that much.

- Tom

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
Craig Birkmaier wrote:

Pent Up demand?

Bert and friends rushing out to try/buy the new boxes?

Not me. I've no need for a stripped-down SD box. However, just as was
the case with the $89 Accurians, people seem unable to pass up a
"freebie."

This is great news for OTA TV, though, because it makes people try it
out. If the new boxes are as good as the new Philips PVR I got, I think
maybe this will help increase awareness of the OTA option.

Tom Barry                  trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx