[opendtv] Re: News: Microsoft, Philips Offer New White Space Test Results

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 12:05:04 -0400

Al,

I believe your testing in DC, because I've seen it here in Lansing with ATSC.

However, I will stand by what I said, in that I find it almost impossible to have a null on the pilot that is -114 db, yet have that signal recoverable a few feet away.

What you described is a pilot that was maybe -80, dB and recoverable a couple of hundred yards away. Any WSD with sensitivity for pilot down to -114 dB would have still detected a carrier, even if you couldn't see it on an HP Spectrum Analyzer.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allen Le Roy Limberg" <allimberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

One could drive a hundred yards or so from good reception to abysmal
reception. The transmission antenna heights are pretty low for some DC area
stations, and the terrain is pretty much hill and dale.