[opendtv] Re: News: Microsoft, Philips Offer New White Space Test Results

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 16:48:18 -0400

If you want to use a 200 Hz RBW and put up with a 10 second sweep time over a 10 MHz span, then you can get down to -125 dB noise floor on a spectrum analyzer. However, I doubt that is the mode that Al was using around DC.

When using a spectrum analyzer like our Tek 2712 with a 1MHz RBW and a 10 MHz span at UHF frequencies, you get a more practical sweep rate, and will typically get around an 85-90 dB noise floor. That is what I meant.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

so, these (non-existant) white space devices are more sensitive than a quite real HP spectrum analyzer? Amazing!

Do they do dishes and windows and stop on a dime, giving nine cents change, too?