[opendtv] Re: NBC's Reitmeier to head ATSC board

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 20:13:03 -0500

Nat Ostroff wrote:

> How about the monkey business over the 8VSB/COFDM "flyoff"
> run by NAB and MSTV. It was rigged to kill any COFDM
> consideration.

At this point, so what? The significant development of the last 4 years
is that even the fixed ATSC products, that we know exist, do not
materialize on store shelves. Except as mandated by the govt.

Doesn't that prove that this modulation excuse is obsolete?

Who cares about the specific tactic the dark forces might have used 6
years ago? They would have found ways to cripple COFDM receivers too.