[opendtv] Re: More on Verizon & Google

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 07:05:04 -0400

I don't understand how anyone can complain about "special interests" running the ATSC, when ATSC reception the ONLY unwalled game in town, when it comes to TV program distribution. Maybe we should be pushing for a return to the AOL and Compuserve walled garden "Internet" pretenders.

Really?

People can rent TV shows and movies at tons of stores and kiosks.

People can rent or view many TV shows for free via the Internet.