[opendtv] Re: Line Pairs/millimeter vs. Price vs. Image Format Area

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: openDTV@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 10:18:45 -0700

And don't forget you need to control the lens with smooth zoom, focus and iris.  There is a lot of expense in smooth servos and control interfaces. And don't forget the auto-collimator and the built in multiplier.

I think the overall problem is that anyone can realize that a lens with one particularly good quality CAN be made for cheap, but can they be made for cheap with the many high qualities that is required specifically for video?  If so, someone should be starting a new business and giving the major manufacturers some competition.

Heck, let's sell the video industry the cheapest, highest resolution lens available: the pinhole lens!  (I'm just kidding around now, of course).

Dan Grimes

---------------------------------------------------------------------- You can UNSUBSCRIBE from the OpenDTV list in two ways: - Using the UNSUBSCRIBE command in your user configuration settings at FreeLists.org - By sending a message to: opendtv-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.