[opendtv] Re: Interlace Display

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:17:49 -0800

Mark Schubin wrote:

"FYI, based on the complex interlaced content I provided, attendees at the
HPA Reference Monitoring Symposium could see how different monitors reacted
to different content.  If I recall correctly, one "surprising" finding was
how well some of the cheaper monitors did relative to some of the more
expensive ones."

I've always relied on Consumer Reports to help pick out consumer level TVs.
It was one of the reasons I picked the Vizio XVT series TV for my own home.
It would be interesting to correlate CR's picks with those of
professionals. I say this because I see real short comings with the one I
bought yet it was one of CR's and many other website's top performers.

Of course, since the HPA was looking at reference monitors, they wouldn't
correlate.

Dan