[opendtv] Re: HDMI for Video production

  • From: Don Moore <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 12:37:47 -0400

I've used HDMI to HD-SDI Converters to allow me to use inexpensive
cameras in place of more expensive cameras.  The converter costs $500
and the difference in the cameras - thousands of dollars.  It won't
work in every application; but you have to love the price savings.
(It's like the Bose Music Demo - you don't always need a Big Box to
get a Big Picture.)

I prefer to use HD-SDI, when possible, just for the simplicity.  But I
suspect that we are going to see more Cat-6/Cat-5 type applications as
non-broadcast use of HD increases.

Don Moore
Greensboro, NC