[opendtv] Re: Europe now debates i vs p

  • From: Terry Harvey <tjharvey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:23:28 -0700

I made that suggestion about six years ago in this discussion group for
60Hz NTSC for the transition, but was shot down. I later found Charlie
Rhodes proposed the same thing some years  earlier.

No, I think anyone should impose the offset NTSC frame rates. But I think
the 1080i and 720p equipment which can handle 60.00Hz, should  be considered.

It is a shame that 50 Hertz may be later thrown into the mix.

TH