[opendtv] Re: Doug Lung: DTV Coverage Problems

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:19:56 -0700

"The second is to use vertical polarization for the gap filler. This could
be useful to reduce the gap filler's impact on outdoor antennas, in areas
where the signals from both transmitters are weak."

My outdoor TV antenna is horizontal and I believe nearly all are.  Unless
all stations use vertically polarized repeaters, it would require the
reception side to have two antennas, whether constructed that way or one
combined two separate antennas.