[opendtv] Cliff jogged my memory

  • From: "Albert Manfredi" <bert22306@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 02:19:25 -0500

Cliff wrote:

The earliest DVD Players had component and composite outputs but
only at 480i.

That's it! And my first HD set had only one set of component inputs, plus a DVI input that did not work with the Accurian's HDMI output (over an expensive adapter cable I bought).

So, I used the S-video from the DVD player, and component from the Accurian.

It was the deinterlacing and upconverting that the early DVD players didn't do. But on the other hand, many on this list pointed out that there was no reason to assume that the deinterlacer and scaler in the new DVD players were necessarily be better than those in the display.

Thanks Cliff.