[opendtv] Re: Cheap SDTV

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:16:52 -0700

I've watched HBO in digital on Cox Cable San Diego using only a MyHD receiver
on an analog cable setup.

The SCTE metadata ranged from bad to non-existent, there was no EPG data, but
there was HBO and showtime.  Tuning was a bear.

It's been months since I attempted this.  Maybe I'll try again on Sunday night.

There is nothing unlawful about my doing this, as I haven't circumvented
anything, made any modifications to the cable or the tuner card.  If they
haven't installed the door -- let alone latched it -- I am free to walk
through.  Just like using a varactor tuner to tune in premium mid-band channels.