[opendtv] Re: Charles Rhodes on SFNs

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:51:47 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

>> Meaning, the interference zone between the two Ch X coverage areas
>> can be reduced, if coverage is provided by SFNs?
>
> This is the essence of what I have been saying and I'm sticking with it.

As you always do with your questionable positions.

The problem is that your arguments are internally inconsistent. You make one
assumption and then you draw conclusions that are incomaptible with your
initial assumption. And the argument goes round and round, as you keep going
back to the original incompatible hypothesis.

> Bert is probably correct, that any attempt to build SFNs using the ATSC
> modulation system will probably not be a significant improvement over
> the current BIg Stick approach.

For example, none of my SFN arguments was limited to ATSC. I even mentione the
MediaFLO example, remember?