[opendtv] Re: Blue Ray has competition

  • From: "Barry Wilkins" <Barry.Wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:52:05 +1200

While on the topic of new DVD standards, can anybody tell me if there
will be imposed an idiotic, unnecessary and entirely unfair regional
system for these new HD pre-recorded discs. I am saying this because I
come from the forth "world"(region)area, which does not get many of the
DVDs you in the USA get, even after the original movie has been released
in theatres for years.
An example is "The Mission", which even now I had to import from region
2. You have had this release on DVD for how long?

Barry Wilkins