[opendtv] Re: Blue Ray has competition

  • From: "Barry Wilkins" <Barry.Wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:06:27 +1200

Well, it seems you have a semblance of understanding of my problem, even
if by a somewhat contorted route. Perhaps it was the way I put it.

Yes, timely conversions is it! But note I do not complain about recent
theatre releases, here or over there. Merely old (20 year old typically)
movies. I think the staggered release of this material is without
justification. I do accept that some old material is released fairly
promptly, i.e. simultaneously in all regions, although this is rare.

Regarding the PAL/NTSC issue, I am willing to accept that there may not
be the difference I imagine between the 2 in reality. The problem for me
is only having experienced the issue from one point of reference. I
shall have to change that and take a wee holiday in the US of A.

Barry Wilkins =20

From: "Barry Wilkins" <Barry.Wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I do feel I must have ruffled your feathers somewhat John. Best relax
> and have a nice cup of tea old chap.

=20
=20