[opendtv] Re: An Unsteady Future for Broadcast

  • From: Don Moore <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:34:12 -0500

Look at the "Talent Costs".  Cable shows rarely pay their stars $1
Million an episode.

What we have is a system that allowed salaries to get out of order and
as result, it's financially impossible to justify local programming
and local news.  We pay our school teachers a fraction of our
"celebrities".  As a result, we have leveraged OTA TV into near
bankruptcy.

DTV was susposed to reset the industry, all it has done is strengthen
the alternatives to local OTA TV.