[opendtv] Re: Amiga

  • From: "Kon Wilms" <konfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:06:40 -0700

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Bob Miller <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have one computer with Vista, this one, and one with XP. XP is OK
> but Vista is horrible and I don't even use this machine much. I will
> dump Vista when I get around to it.

Maybe you should try Vistax64. Runs better than XP+SP3. Or Ubuntu.

AmigaOS.. what a waste of time. I hope you don't need that money,
cause Amiga Inc has been pulling this stunt for many years now. Either
the hardware is out but the OS never gets released, or the software is
out but the manufacturer of the hardware went bang. Mc3wan is an
imbecile and he has squandered the product and destroyed the platform
and any remnants of the user base over the years.

Why don't you just get one of these
https://www.genesi-usa.com/store.php?category=24
and run MorphOS on it.

Or better still:
http://aros.sourceforge.net
Get the bootable ISO and boot it on your x86 hardware

Your money would be better spent contributing to the true enthusiasts
that work on AROS.

Cheers
Kon