[openbeosstorage] Re: ddm questions

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:27:38 +0200 CEST

Tyler Dauwalder <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2003-10-24 at 17:40:52 [-0700], you wrote:
> > > Isn't there one declared in headers/private/kernel/vm.h right
> > > next to
> > > user_strlcpy() and friends, and defined similarly in
> > > src/kernel/core/arch/x86/arch_cpu.h, etc?
> > Yeah, it's just not implemented anywhere :-)
> What about in src/kernel/core/arch/x86/arch_cpu.c ? Isn't that an
> implementation?

Indeed...

> > I don't think we should have it either, because I almost can't
> > think of
> > a good reason to use it.
> Fair enough.

(that's why I think we should get rid of it anyway)

> > I wouldn't have seen it if you
> > hadn't used user_strcpy() :-)
> Now I'm confused. Is/was something not building for you because of
> the
> user_strcpy() calls? I seem to have no problem with it over here. And
> further, I can't see how it's any more unimplemented than
> user_strlcpy() or
> user_strncpy(); there seems to be corresponding code for
> user_strcpy()
> everywhere there's code for those two functions (unless I'm missing
> something, which wouldn't be a first ;-).

... okay, now I am confused as well. I could not build the ddm because
of user_strcpy() - it said "undefined reference", so I assumed it's not
part of the kernel.
But a closer look could have told me that it couldn't build the
libdisk_device_manager.so only (I just tried again). Maybe our build
misses a dependency to rebuild the lib that would contain
user_strcpy()? (it builds now that user_strcpy() is not used anymore,
though - and libkernelland_emu.so was rebuild as well here - maybe I
simply forgot to update it [although I think I almost do a cvs update
twice a day in the root directory...])

Well, so let's just ignore that, and I will remove user_strcpy() from
the kernel - thanks for the hint ;-)

Bye,
   Axel.