[openbeosstorage] ddm questions

  • From: Tyler Dauwalder <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Storage Kit <openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:13:46 -0700

All right, I'm back in action. :-) I got some ddm questions:

+ Do I need to copy out the data in the pointer arguments (all of which are
names) for the _kern_validate_set_partition_{name,content_name,type}()
functions? I can't really see any reason to other than truncating long
names, but I was planning on returning B_NAME_TOO_LONG in those instances
anyway.

+ Same question, but for the "parameters" parameter of
_kern_validate_initialize_partition(). I'm guessing no.

+ Do we have a limit on the length of those parameter strings? I'm
currently assuming no.

-Tyler