[openbeosnetteam] Trouble in paradise

  • From: Brennan Cleveland <warriorspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 22:38:47 -0600

Anyway, I've checked (and add to build) the missing route module but,
yet, can't find time to
test if the route-related features of the stack are now working or
not...

Ok, I'm having some frustrating trouble now. I downloaded the latest CVS tree and the build went fine. I then tried to copy all the pieces of our kernel-land stack into place to test the route module (I copy by hand so I don't forget where things go). Now, I can't bring up my interface using our ifconfig! Here is what I did, maybe I missed something...

updated net_server_driver and net_stack_driver in /boot/home/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/bin
updated our network related executables (ping, ifconfig, arp, traceroute, route) in ../current/tests/kits/net
updated libnet.so and libnetapi.so in ../current/tests/kits/net/lib
updated core, /interfaces, /ppp, /protocols in /boot/home/config/add-ons/kernel/network (using kernel-land, not user-land)

basically I just dropped the newly compiled files over those that were already there (and working). Now when I try to bring up my interface as so: ifconfig rtl81390 192.168.0.3,
I get an error: socket: error -2147459069 [No such file or directory]

What did I miss?

Brennan