[openbeosnetteam] Re: Project information

  • From: Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:11:43 +1000

Hi everyone.  Like everyone else, I've been glued to the TV/net during the
last few days, so we can expect more activity after the weekend.  Stay tuned
for my submission of a more detailed design proposal during the next week,
we can start hammering and moulding then.  Until then, I suggest you read
the BeBook kernel kit, where it talks about add-ons (which is what drivers
are) and modules (an API inside kernel space to service the add-ons).  It is
critical that existing network card drivers be binary compatible with our
module and net server implementation, since I dont feel like writing 20
different network card drivers.
Glad to here from you, Emmanuel.

----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.
The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference
with, distribution, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised
and prohibited. Confidentiality attached to this communication is not waived
or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery to you.

If you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify us
by return e-mail or telephone Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty Limited
on +61 2 9413 6300.