[openbeosnetteam] Re: Project information

  • From: "Emmanuel Jacobs" <emmanuel.jacobs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 20:08:52 +0200

This list was created a few days ago, I'm talking about the network team
list.
The whole project is very young and the main threads are on the main project
mailinglist : openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
For wat is related to the network stuff, here are some important points
about our goals: As first step we'll try to build replacement pieces of code
which will work with existing drivers and BeOS R5 providing the same user
APIs than the one currently in the BeBook.
It means we will have to do our own Net_Server, dhcp-client, and preference
app for network settings (add-on). All wat is done internally between those
parts is not that important, this will be our own business.  We need user
applications source code compatibility and, where possible, binary
compatibility.

ZS, started a few days ago a design thread, I've just forwarded the mail to
this mailing list for archiving purposes and so you can read it all ;-)

Any other questions ?

    Regards,

       Emmanuel