[openbeosnetteam] Re: More route stuff

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 17:29:34 +0200

Hi Brennan,

> I was able to add a default route: route add default 192.168.0.1
> Using that I can ping hosts out on the internet with no problems.
> I can ftp anywhere.
> I was able to use route delete default, confirm it was deleted, then add
> it again with no problem.
> Here's a good one though: route change default sent me into kernel
> debugger land (twice).

I finally came to testing this myself, but unfortunately
route show
does not work (it never returns...maybe a deadlock somewhere?), whereas route
add/delete returned without any error as you said. I only configured loop0 and
rtl81390. PPP was not running, so this cannot be the problem.
Route change default returned successfully, so I could not reproduce your error.
Could you please check if it still works alright?

Philippe, did you test this?

Bye,
Waldemar