[openbeosmediakit] Re: [music-dsp] VST standard (fwd)

  • From: "Frans van Nispen" <xlr8@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:41:14 +0200

I have written two mails to Steinberg as Xentronix, pointing
out the recreation of BeOS.

So Far no response.

Frans van Nispen.

Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:01:44 +0200 (MEST)
From: Bram De Jong <Bram.DeJong@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <music-dsp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [music-dsp] VST standard [was : 32 bit floats in VST mixing
systems]

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Russell Borogove wrote:

> Yeah, IMO, the VST spec is badly written on this
> point, and the VST developer/user communities should
> continue to exert "evolutionary pressure" on host
> developers to ensure that this is how things work
> going forward.

Steinberg is writing the specs for VST 3.0 as we speak. Anyone who has
something interesting to say about the standard should try joining the
vst plugins list RIGHT NOW!!