[ola] Re: awesome game idea for circumlocution/other stuff

  • From: Ashley Uyaguari <auyaguari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 11:20:09 -0400

Fun! Thank you!

An unrelated idea-

Yesterday we played rock paper scissors in pairs to break the ice before a
conversation. But, one student decided to funny and be a dragon instead of
rock paper or scissors.

This turned into a new game. Students thought of something they wanted to
be and after one, two, three they would do an appropriate action and state
the Spanish word of what they were. (Vampiro, arbol, carro, montaña were
some different things that came up). Then after discovering what the two
people were they had to have a conversation to decide which person wins and
why.

It got them thinking about, well what could be better than that. Someone
was a car which ran over an animal, but then another person was a tree,
which they decided would be more damaging to the car...

Does that make sense? It was a lot of fun, it was creative, and produced a
lot of language.

-Ashley

--
Ashley Uyaguari

Spanish Teacher
Spanish Team Curriculum Coordinator
JV Girls Basketball Coach
Innovation Academy Charter School
Tyngsboro, MA 01879
978-649-0432 x3301

This email may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient, please advise by return e-mail and delete
immediately without reading or forwarding to others.