[ola] Grammar Question!

  • From: Tess Siemer <tess.siemer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 12:11:15 -0800

Hi all,

So, in my 3/4 class yesterday we were talking about a common speech error
and I couldn't explain the "why" to them other than it sounding correct or
incorrect and I told them I would try to find out...

Here are our two sentences - we began by talking about the difference in
saying "me cae bien" and "me gusta" when talking about someone:
Javier me cae bien.
Me gusta Alma.

They want to know why the person's name comes first in the first example
and second in the second example, grammatically.  Any answers out there?

Thanks!
Tess