[ola] Good Literature

  • From: Tess Siemer <tess.siemer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 16:28:09 -0800

Hi all,

I'm transitioning teaching positions next school year and teaching an
equivalent of Spanish 3/4 integrated into an internationally themed block
with English, social science, technology, and leadership.  We'll be doing
thematic units like "The Immigrant Experience" and "My-Cronimics", tying
the economics of their lives to micro lending and Kiva.

I'm looking for literature recommendations appropriate for 11-12 graders in
an internationally themed course.  Unit suggestions also welcome! Also
looking for lower elementary level book recommendations around these topics
in Spanish (high interest, low level).

Thanks everyone!  Tess

sent from my sorta-smart phone