[ola] Re: Good Literature

  • From: JoAnna Coleman <joannac@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 04:26:45 +0000

For the "Immigrant Experience" I highly recommend Francisco Jimenez, Chicano
author, and his autobiographical books Cajas de Carton, Senderos Fronterizos
and Mas Alla de Mi -

Each of the chapters in his books reads more like a short story and recount his
youth leaving Mexico to come work the fields in California with his family -

JoAnna Coleman
Spanish Teacher
Wilson High School
503-916-5280 ext. 75231