[obol] Re: detection of Sooty Grouse

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 18:29:35 -0700

Yeah,

Hearing them is easy, seeing them isn't.  I have never heard them along the
coast either, and am out lots in Coos.  Did point counts at New River for
15 yrs. and never heard them there either.  So, I guess I should say I have
never heard them anywhere close to the beach in Coos but now have seen them
once! I have heard them all over the county and have actually seen them
every year too, they seem to be most numerous in the higher elevations on
the eastern side of the county.

Tim