[obol] Re: [birding] Re: Thanks To The Pratt's--Lapland Longspur

  • From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Will Wright <willwright26@xxxxx>, OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 21:37:42 -0700

I completely second Will's sentiments ... great find, and thanks for
letting us know in such a timely manner! The bird was still at the Sewage
Ponds (near the goose nest along the cordoned-off road) at about 6:30 this
evening - seen well by Oscar Harper, Adrian Hinkle, Pam Otley, the
Hatfields and myself. We don't get to see too many breeding-plumaged
Lapland Longspurs around here, and rarely this well!

Other birds of note at the Sewage Ponds today included an EARED GREBE, a
pair of GREATER SCAUP, and 29 LEAST SANDPIPERS.

Happy Spring Migration

Hendrik

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 8:19 PM, <willwright26@xxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you Pratt's for getting a lot of people to see a hard to find bird.
>

> ----Will Wright

Hendrik G. Herlyn
Corvallis, OR

*"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."     -- Gary Snyder*