[obol] What to do with old bird data

  • From: "W. Douglas Robinson" <w.douglas.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 17:55:33 -0700

Folks

One of the roles of the Oregon2020 project is to facilitate preservation and
digitization of historic bird data. Yes, we are encouraging and facilitating a
current benchmarking of Oregon's birds. Yet we also
place great value on making sure useful bird data from the past are not lost.
You can write to me if you've got data and we can work out how to get it here
to Corvallis. I make no promises about the speed with which we can digitize it
but we can preserve it in the scholars archive to keep it safe until we can get
it into eBird or similar databases.

Doug