[obol] Tropical Kingbird continues in Newport (Lincoln Co)

  • From: Stefan Schlick <greenfant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 23:44:18 -0400

I didn't see this reported previously, but there were 5 Eared Grebes in the
cove to the north of Boiler Bay when I left. Everybody else was gathered up on
the south side ...
In Newport near/at the gull puddles, there were 3 Cassin’s Auklets in the
channel, a cooperative Red Phalarope and the obligatory Harlequin Ducks. A
picture of one of the Cassin's is here: http://birdmeister.wordpress.com/.
Another Red Phalarope was seen at the parking lot of the Hatfield MSC parking
lot. Aaron Skirvin and I re-found the Tropical Kingbird along SW12th St
(44.625740, -124.058842).
On the way back, I found 2 phalaropes at the Sheridan sewage ponds, but they
ended up being Red-necked.
Stefan SchlickHillsboro, OR