[obol] Possible Brewer's Sparrow and others, Fern Ridge

  • From: Brandon Green <brandon.green18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 19:33:10 -0700

I snuck out to the Fern Ridge a couple of hours before sunset today and
immediately stumbled upon a possible BREWER'S SPARROW next to the Royal
parking lot. I only got a so-so look, noting that the plumage was roughly
correct, it was small-ish, and had a small bill. Its call matched that on
the Sibley Birds app well. Then again, I'm not very good at differentiating
sparrow calls. I realize that one was reported there a few weeks ago, but I
wouldn't necessarily suspect the same individual to hang around for that
long.

I stuck around the parking lot area hoping that this individual would
return, but no dice. I had a small flock of LINCOLN'S SPARROWS, a late-ish
female MACGILLIVRAY'S, and got rained on pretty well. Fall returns, right
on time.

Brandon
Eugene