[obol] CHIMNEY Swift update

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 19:50:48 -0700

Several of us were at Agate Hall at the UO this evening.  We heard the Chimney
Swift several times.  I had one good look at it for a size comparison when it
came over low parallelling a Vaux's.  John Sullivan also had decent looks at
it.  It was audible/visible between 6:30 and 7:10, after which the swifts got
serious about entering the chimney, at which time they get silent.  I was there
from 6:00 onward and did not hear it til about when John got there; he might
have a more exact time.
.
.
Alan Contreras