[obol] Lane Coast Range Birding & Migration 22 Sept 2013

  • From: "Diane Pettey" <surfbird@xxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 20:00:10 -0700

Greetings OBOLers,
Today from 11am-3pm, I prowled Herman Cape area and did an informal hawk watch.

Highlights:
YELLOW WARBLER - 1 loosely associated with Chestnut-backed Chickadee flock
MERLIN - 3 (they were hanging around together, calling and doing great dives)
SHARP-SHINNED HAWK - 1
TURKEY VULTURES - 3

Also in the area were three N. Pygmy Owls, up to 12 Gray Jays and good numbers of Pacific Wrens - at one point on the road, five appeared when I did a pygmy owl hoot. An all-too-brief glimpse of the tail-end of a Mountain Quail was fun.

regards,
Diane Pettey
Heceta Beach, OR
surfbird@xxxxx