[obol] Pittock, NW Portland, week ending 4/09/14

  • From: Wink Gross <winkg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 20:46:52 -0700

Here is the summary of my morning dogwalks from NW Seblar Terrace to the
Pittock Mansion for the week 4/03/14 to 4/09/14.  Species neither seen nor
heard the previous week are in ALL CAPS.

Additional information about my dogwalk, including an archive of weekly
summaries and a checklist, may be found at
http://www.hevanet.com/winkg/dogwalkpage.html

The sightings are also in eBird.

We did the walk 3 days this week.

This Friday, Lillian (the dog) and I will be leading another Morning Bird Song
Walk, sponsored by Portland Audubon.  The walk begins at 7AM at the Pittock
Mansion parking lot and lasts about 2 hours--but you're free to leave whenever
you need.  Free, open to the public, no pre-registration required.

Species                # days found  (peak #, date)

Band-tailed Pigeon          1  (1, 4/8)
MOURNING DOVE               2  (1, 4/8 & 9)
Anna's Hummingbird          3  (2)
Red-breasted Sapsucker      3  (2)
Downy Woodpecker            3  (4, 4/8)
Northern Flicker            3  (3)
PILEATED WOODPECKER         3  (1)
Hutton's Vireo              1  (1, 4/9)
Steller's Jay               3  (4)
Western Scrub-Jay           3  (1)
American Crow               3  (18, 4/4)
COMMON RAVEN                1  (1, 4/9)
VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOW        2  (5, 4/8)
Black-capped Chickadee      3  (11)
Chestnut-backed Chickadee   3  (5)
BUSHTIT                     1  (2, 4/4)
Red-breasted Nuthatch       3  (4)
Brown Creeper               1  (1, 4/4)
Pacific Wren                3  (4)
BEWICK'S WREN               1  (1, 4/9)
Golden-crowned Kinglet      2  (5, 4/4)
Ruby-crowned Kinglet        3  (3, 4/9)
American Robin              3  (10)
Varied Thrush               1  (2, 4/4)
European Starling           3  (2)
Orange-crowned Warbler      3  (2)
Spotted Towhee              3  (6)
Song Sparrow                3  (12)
Dark-eyed Junco             3  (10)
House Finch                 3  (5, 4/8)
Purple Finch                3  (3, 4/9)

In the neighborhood but not found on dogwalk: TURKEY VULTURE, Rufous Hummingbird

Wink Gross
Portland