[obol] Ashland Pacific-slope Flycatcher

  • From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Freelist <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 21:11:24 -0700

Today while doing a wildlife survey on Grizzly Peak, I heard the upslurred
whistle of a PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHER.  The bird was in appropriate breeding
habitat (i.e. mature forest with nearby stream) though, to be honest, I would
have expected it in the lowlands in a riparian corridor during this early date.
Lots of calling MOUNTAIN QUAIL and singing YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS.
Good birding,Russ NamitzMedford