[obol] Ovenbird in Laurelhurst?

  • From: Marcia Marvin <mmarvin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 22:01:52 -0800

OBOL -

I received this report while I was answering the phone at Portland Audubon
Society this afternoon.

A woman called to report an Ovenbird in her yard.  She has never seen one and
had looked at the bird book,  She said it had black streaks on its breast, an
orangey crown, and pink legs and it stays on the ground.  It holds its tail up.
 It has been in the yard for several days.  I asked for an approximate location
and she said NE 41st and Davis.  It seems likely that if she sees people with
binoculars in her neighborhood, she will introduce herself.

Good birding!

Marcia

--
Marcia Marvin * mmarvin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx * SW Portland, OR, USA