[obol] OBRC blog

  • From: Shawneen Finnegan <shawneenfinnegan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Portland Area Birds <portland-area-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, mid-valley-nature@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 10:14:01 -0700

Last weekend the Oregon Bird Records Committee launched a blog about what the
committee is all about. Our intent is to make the whole process more
transparent.

The following is copied from the first post:

This forum:

Going forward, this forum will be used to address common questions and concerns
about our function and process. We plan to offer feature pieces that focus on
individual review species. These will include a review and discussion of the
previously accepted records, the patterns (geographic and seasonal) that they
may reveal, and identification challenges that they may present. We plan to
offer historical perspectives on species that were once on the Review List, but
have been removed. We may also discuss species that have been extirpated and/or
those that were introduced, but failed to establish or maintain self-sustaining
populations in Oregon (i.e. Northern Bobwhite). All of the members and
alternates to the committee will be encouraged to contribute to this forum and
respond with comments of their own when we hear from you via comments. If there
is a topic that you would like to see us address, just ask. We look forward to
hearing from you.

If this topic is of interest to you please go to the blog page at
http://orbrc.blogspot.com/  and sign up to "follow" it. That way you will be
notified when someone posts or comments to the blog.  You can find it on the
right side of the page where it says SUBMIT.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Shawneen Finnegan
OBRC member