[obol] Re: Nashville Warblers (was: more Eugene migrants)

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pamelaj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pamelaj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 08:17:46 -0700

I think my personal high for a flock of Nashvilles in nw Oregon was 8 at the n
end of Hendricks Park in Eugene, many years ago. This is basically the same
area as Judkins Point, which Larry mentioned earlier. I used to cover it quite
a bit when I lived nearby; I once saw three Calliopes in fifteen minutes up
there.

That area is a pretty good funnel, as is Perkins peninsula at Fern Ridge, but
people tend to go to Skinner Butte.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx