[obol] Little Bunting update (no)

  • From: Adrian Hinkle <adrian.hinkle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:27:44 -0700

As far as I'm aware, the Little Bunting has not been seen since Monday
morning. However, as of 8:00 this morning only birders from Idaho and
California were present. If they did find it, I do not know if it would be
posted to this list serve. Tim is absolutely right, that it is probably
still around. It should be noted that when we stopped by the yard this
morning, it appeared that the homeowner had taken down the feeders. Not
sure why. I heard that back in January, he had been fine with visiting
birders, even allowing them to re-fill the feeders when they (quickly) ran
out. This morning, a lot of finches had moved across the street (tall house
with feeders, due west of the original yard) since the feeders were taken
down. Even though the bunting has not been seen at feeders, it might be
likely to be hanging out with the congregation of finches, House Sparrows
and juncos. There are plenty of other feeders nearby, too.

I'll be posting photos of the bunting from last Saturday later tonight.
Good luck everyone!

Adrian