[obol] Central Oregon

  • From: "Roger Robb" <brrobb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:46:57 -0700

I spent Monday & Tuesday birding Deschutes and Lake Counties.  I found apx
25 GREATER SAGE GROUSE (thanks Steve) near Fort Rock and plenty of singing
SAGE SPARROWS.  On a drive about 15 miles to the east I found 7 ROUGH-LEGGED
HAWKS, 6 REDTAILS, 3 FERRUGINOUS, 1 PRAIRIE FALCON, 1 GOLDEN EAGLE and
several LOGGERHEAD SHRIKES.  Two pairs of Prairie Falcons were at Fort Rock
along with CANYON & ROCK WRENS.  I found Western Scrub-Jays at Smith Rock
and in Madras and assume these birds continue to expand their range.

Roger Robb

Springfield, OR