[obol] Illinois Valley, Josephine Co. - 4 owl species at and near home

  • From: Romain Cooper <romain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Freelist <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,RV-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 21:25:37 -0700

Illinois Valley, Josephine Co., Takilma area - at and very near our place - Oct. 3 thru 8, 2014:

In the past week, Northern Pygmy (2, possible pair) and Northern Saw-Whet (2, possible pair) have been very vocal most evenings (for the NOPO) and nights (for the Saw-Whets) with the Saw-Whet owls getting into a variety of their vocal repertoire, not just the repetitive "saw wheting". A Barred Owl has also been vocal. And Western Screech Owl. Visuals for the Saw-Whet and Barred Owls, both appearing in our yard.

Siskiyou Biological Services LLC
Romain Cooper
10398 Takilma Road
Cave Junction, OR 97523