[obol] [Fwd: Mockingbird near West Albany High School]

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 13:01:45 -0700

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
To: MidValley Birds <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Mockingbird near West Albany High School
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 12:59:25 -0700

Hi all,

As Becky and I were driving past West Albany High School this morning to
pick up some personal belongings of a relative who died this week, I saw
a NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD come flying over Queen Blvd, at the east end of
the campus. It continued north into the residential neighborhood.

There must have been a fire drill going on at the time (around 10 AM),
as all of the kids were standing out in the parking lot. Interestingly
there is a house with a several small palm trees (and a banana tree?)
along this street, so it felt a bit like the Sacramento Valley.

Word from Alan Contreras via OBOL is that a mockingbird has returned to
Alvadore (near Fern Ridge Reservoir in Lane Co.) for the fourth winter
in a row.

Happy birding,
Joel

--