[obol] Flycatcher; plant sale

  • From: Bobbett Pierce <ensatina3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 16:53:04 -0400

A PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHER was in my Warren yard today, (size, olive-green
coloring, and yellowish rather than dark bill) It was catching insects in a row
of trees, but didn't stick around long. I also had a varied thrush in the yard
this morning, and robins are hitting the Mtn. ash berries. Golden-crowns and a
few juncos are showing up at the feeding stations.
May I sneak in a plug for the Native Plant Sale being held on Saturday, Oct. 4
from 9-1, at the Scappoose High School? It's at the Scappoose Bay Watershed
Council nursery next to the lower parking lot. Tons of trees and shrubs ready
to go in the ground, as well as perennial forbs.
Lona PierceColumbia County