[obol] Ebird-y project a little south of us...with those birds heading our way

  • From: Tom McNamara <tmcmac67@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:14:34 -0700

Hey,

It's April and people are out, seeing birds and all of nature's spring
unfolding... and reporting the good times afield and not in surly,
suppressed February mode.   So I'm Really not trying to pour gasoline on
extinguishing embers to revive a I Love Ebird/ I Hate Ebird exchange. Save
that for next February, it's always so......

But this is  a link to an article I read in the good ol' hard copy of the
NYT  Science section.   It's some encouraging news about a project for
shorebirds. Have a look.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/15/science/paying-farmers-to-welcome-birds.html?_r=0

good birding,
Tom