[obol] Re: Ebird-y project a little south of us...with those birds heading our way

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>, "tmcmac67@xxxxxxxxx" <tmcmac67@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 07:30:26 +0000

Jeff et al.,
There were/are some rice fields along Gap Rd. about two miles or so south of
Brownsville in Linn County.
Dave Irons
Subject: [obol] Re: Ebird-y project a little south of us...with those birds
heading our way
From: jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 23:48:34 -0700
CC: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tmcmac67@xxxxxxxxx

Tom
That is encouraging.
Can someone let is know if there are still rice fields in the Willamette
Valley, and if so where, and do they have water on them now?
Jeff Gilligan

On Apr 17, 2014, at 6:14 PM, Tom McNamara <tmcmac67@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:Hey,

It's April and people are out, seeing birds and all of nature's spring
unfolding... and reporting the good times afield and not in surly, suppressed
February mode.   So I'm Really not trying to pour gasoline on extinguishing
embers to revive a I Love Ebird/ I Hate Ebird exchange. Save that for next
February, it's always so......

But this is  a link to an article I read in the good ol' hard copy of the NYT
Science section.   It's some encouraging news about a project for shorebirds.
Have a look.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/15/science/paying-farmers-to-welcome-birds.html?_r=0

good birding,
Tom