[obol] Coos 'n Curry of Late

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 19:16:08 -0700 (PDT)

I was at Floras Lake, Curry early today (4/16/2013).  Weather was rain showers,
windy, not really good birding conditions but here are some sightings:

1- ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK (seen on the way out, getting late for this species)
1- singing WILSON'S WARBLER
1- flyover AMERICAN PIPIT

Back in Coos I heard a singing BT Gray Warbler before the rain set in east of
Myrtle Point, Coos in the Coast Range.

On Sunday I forgot to post the COMMON TEAL was still at Millicoma Marsh at the
"waterthrush" pond north of the first kiosk. I had killer looks at it, not a
hint of hybrid. Also there was a pair of Cinnamon Teal.

Merry migration!
Tim R

Coos Bay